Fraser Trevor Fraser Trevor Author
Title: Happiness that isn’t shared isn’t big enough to really bring happiness.
Author: Fraser Trevor
Rating 5 of 5 Des:
Everyone can become a light in the darkness of another. Anselm Grün Anselm Grün, the German monk who has written many books trying to give...
Everyone can become a light in the darkness of another. Anselm Grün

Anselm Grün, the German monk who has written many books trying to give people some insight in the everlasting question mankind has been asking within living memory.
One of his favourite subjects is happiness. Recently he was asked what happiness means to him personally.
His answer:

“Happiness for me means to be in agreement and harmony with myself.
In short: to be in the present moment and to be myself. Happiness is: wanting to be the person we are.
To be happy I don’t compare myself with others; I don’t judge neither do I make myself dependent of another men’s opinion. It also means to be grateful and to experience joy in life.

My feelings of happiness aren’t always the same. During a walk in nature or during an intense prayer I experience a deeper feeling of happiness then when I’m simply grateful or content.”
On the question if it is difficult to be happy he says:

“No. If I sit for a moment quietly and say out loud YES to life, I experience joy. The only thing is that you can’t expect to be happy all the time- that’s an impossible claim. Happiness isn’t something you can own or hold on to. It is an experience an attitude to life, which needs like love, space and freedom to flow. Happiness that isn’t shared isn’t big enough to really bring happiness. For it also means to say ‘Yes’ to those difficult moments in life. Simply accept whatever comes. Today there are many books which promise an easy and cheap form of happiness. They tell you that you can life an incredible life if only you follow a certain stepping plan. That’s totally unrealistic. The best coach cannot offer us a successful formula to become happy. The road to happiness always lies within us.”

Advertisement

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

 
Top